Many people have asked me: “Are you at We Day again this year?” and I am happy to share with you guys my answer. So read below.
What is We Day?
“WE Day is a celebration of youth making a difference in their local and global communities. WE Schools is the yearlong program that nurtures compassion in young people and gives them the tools to create transformational social change.
Together they offer young people the tools and the inspiration to take social action, empower others and transform lives—including their own.”
This year on November 18th, 2016. We Day returns to the MTS Centre in Winnipeg! A day where over 16,000 students and educators come for a day of inspiration and celebration. That cool thing about We Day is that – You can’t buy a ticket to WE Day. Students earn their event tickets by taking one local and one global action through WE Schools, a yearlong educational program that engages and empowers young people to become compassionate leaders and active citizens.
Last year, I spoke at my first We Day at the MTS Centre and spoke to the audience about my story of reconciliation and how to live WE. This year, I have some exciting news to share with you! I’ve been to We Day as an audience member, honoured guest, volunteer, speaker and now I’m going as MEDIA! I will be able to interview some of the speakers and performers throughout the day and possibly meet some of the wonderful students that earned their way to We Day through hard-work and dedication.
Here is a list of the speakers/performers coming to We Day Manitoba on November 18th, 2016!
- Paula Abdul (@PaulaAbdul) – American singer-songwriter, dancer, choreographer, actress and television personality
- Hani Al Moulia – Photographer, teacher, and actor
- Jully Black (@JullyBlack) – Award-winning singer-songwriter, speaker, SheRO & SheEO!
- Celebrity Marauders – DJ collective including Kardinal Offishall, Cipha Sounds, DJ Starting From Scratch and Dready
- Mike Downie – Co-founder of the Gord Downie – Chanie Wenjack Fund
- Tyrone Edwards (@mr1LOVETO) – Host – E!/Much
- Capri Everitt (@80anthems) – Singer and youth ambassador
- Chris Hadfield (@Cmdr_Hadfield) – Astronaut, author, professor, musician, first Canadian to walk in space/command a spaceship
- Rick Hansen (@RickHansenFdn) – Canadian Paralympian, activist, and philanthropist
- Jillea (@whoisjillea) – Singer and songwriter
- Craig and Marc Kielburger (@craigkielburger) – International activists and co-founders of WE
- Kyle Nobess (@kylenobess) – Film actor, YouTuber and writer
- The Honourable Brian Pallister (@Brian_Pallister) – Premier of Manitoba Government
- Tyler Shaw (@TylerShawMusic) – Platinum-selling and JUNO Award-nominated singer/songwriter
- Margaret Trudeau – Celebrated Canadian, author & mental health advocate
- Nico & Vinz (@NicoandVinz) – Musical duo, Nico Sereba and Vinz Dery
- Spencer West (@spencer2thewest) – ME to WE motivational speaker, WE Ambassador, and author
- Chloe Wilde (@TheChloeWilde) – ETALK Reporter and E! Host
I’m super excited for We Day, just so I can finally say that I’ve almost experienced We Day is almost all the ways you can! Thanks!
You can Follow my We Day experience on:
- twitter: shania_pruden
- snapchat: shaniapruden
- Instagram: shaniapruden